Course : Systems-Based Disorders I & II, Developmental Genetics
Held during the 2017 Genetics and Genomics Review Course in Tampa, Florida. Click 'Launch" for more information.
EDUCATIONAL CREDITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
This course features a pre-course sample examination, exam taking tips, and in-depth coverage of exam content areas.
The course offers exam preparation lectures that cover a broad range of genetic and genomic topics presented by recognized experts in the field.
This course is designed to assist genetics healthcare professionals who are seeking to update and reinforce their general knowledge of medical genetics. This course is designed to assist genetics healthcare professionals who are seeking to update and reinforce their general knowledge of medical genetics. This course also allows ABMGG individuals to prepare for Board Certification or Recertification. Genetic counselors are also welcome.
Course Information with Educational Credit Please Click Here
Date of Release: May 27, 2017
Expiration Date: May 27, 2020
Estimate Time of Completion: 3 hours
Credit Offered: CME/NSGC/P.A.C.E. Additional fee (~$25) applies for NSGC credit that is billed by NSGC.
For references, click the “Hammer & Wrench” icon at the top of the page.
Registration and Fees
ACMG Members and ACMG Trainees with Educational Credits: ($50)
Non-members with Educational Credits ($60)
ACMG Members and ACMG Trainees without Educational Credits: ($20)
Non-members without Educational Credits: ($30)
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the molecular basis of each of the genetic disorders reviewed.
2. Interpret laboratory data on molecular tests for the most common genetic disorders.
3. Explain the mechanisms of recombination, transitions, TRN expansions, DNA methylation silencing, gene fusions, imprinting, and provide examples of each.
4. Describe DNA and gene structure, function, replication and expression.
5. Analyze normal human embryology and development
6. Select and appropriately use electronic references and texts to work up patients with dsymorphology.