Course : ACMG Genomics Case Conference March 2018
Matchmaker Exchange: Solving Unsolved Cases
Hosted by Johns Hopkins University and Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Click Launch for details.
In this webinar, the presenters will review a case that was solved by a match in one of the databases connected to Matchmaker exchange. They will explain what databases are connected and how to share the data among these databases.
a. Clinical geneticists; genetic counselors; pediatric, obstetric, and maternal-fetal specialists; and all medical practitioners who are providing comprehensive diagnostic, management, and counseling services for patients with, or at risk for, genetically influenced health problems.
b. Laboratory directors and technicians who conduct genetic testing, researchers involved in the discovery of genetic disorders and treatments and any healthcare and public health professionals who have an in interest medical and clinical genetics and genomics.
Course Information with Educational Credit Please Click Here
Date of Release: March 21, 2018
Expiration Date: November 25, 2021
Estimate Time of Completion: 1 hour
Course must be completed by the expiration date
For references, click the “Hammer & Wrench” icon at the top of the page.
Registration and Fees
ACMG Members and ACMG Trainees with no educational credits free
ACMG Member and ACMG Trainees with educational credits ($15)
Non-members with no educational credits ($30)
Non-members with educational credits ($55)
At the conclusion of this session, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the clinical utility of whole exome/whole genome sequencing tests
2. Identify clinical indications for whole exome/whole genome sequencing
3. List determinants used to assess the probability of a variant’s pathogenicity
4. Elaborate on the importance of pre-test counseling and consent
5. Describe the role of Matchmaker exchange on sharing phenotypic and genomic data
6. Use one of the databases connected to Matchmaker exchange
7. Identify the relevant data to be shared in the databases connected to Matchmaker exchange